Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Six Days To Go...

I ran into issues stringing my racquets on Tuesday. Rushing to string is never a good idea. The more I rushed, the more mistakes I made and so, I ended up only having one racquet strung and I wasted a whole set of string on another racquet. I have been experimenting with more durable strings while trying to find something that wouldn't aggravate the tendinitis in my wrist so much. For now, I have settled on Technifibre Black Code in 18g. The thin string has not been so bad on my wrist and I love the bite I get on the ball from using something this thin. Despite its thinness, it is remarkably durable. I am able to play a three to four weeks on one set before they break and they maintain tension pretty well.

At any cost, I can't seem to find that string locally, so I am ordering online and waiting for express delivery. I will probably spend Tuesday morning stringing.

I've been playing a ton of tennis this week. The best performance was beating the pro at my tennis club in a tiebreaker. I won 7-5, so it was close, but I was never behind and I played with confidence. I have been training so hard, it was great to feel like it was paying off. Everything came together for that tiebreaker. I didn't miss one return. I didn't over hit the ball. I was balanced. I was patient!

I played a Suburban tennis match this morning. My partner and I won both rounds; the first 10-0 and the second 9-2. I love how I am able to get "up" to compete. Sometimes practices are discouraging for me. I am always working on something new or working to improve something and while I am learning, there's always the frustration with not being able to see the results. Well the last few days, I've been able to see results.

I am so hoping to take that success with me to CA.

Stay tuned,

KS

No comments:

Post a Comment