Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Introduction


I'm one of those late bloomers. I started playing hockey years later than most of my teammates. I started playing tennis in college. And I started playing soccer last year, mostly as a way to stay in shape for hockey and tennis.

This year has been the greatest tennis year of my short tennis life. My league record for the summer was 32-4. I've played a lot of tournaments and had success at some. Even the tournaments were I got creamed in the first match of both the main draw and the back draw, I learned that there is still so much I can learn about this wonderfully challenging sport.

So my goal for the next twelve months:


BE LIKE SERENA!


Curiosity made me wonder: if I put forth my best effort, how good could I become? I've often felt saddened about my late tennis start, wishing that I had started playing as a youngster. If my efforts to this point got me to the point where I could be competitive with college kids now that I am thirty, perhaps I could have had a more productive tennis life.


So I went to the 'net and found there are a lot of tournaments out there for adults. Now that I am thirty, I can actually achieve a national ranking in my age group. There are opportunities to represent the US in a Davis/Fed Cup type of atmosphere for 35, 40, 45, etc. age groups. I could potentially do that!


So, because writing is what I do, keeping a journal about everything that affects and impacts me and my thoughts, I decided to blog about my endeavors, recording everything from my tournament experiences, to practices, to my workouts, all of which will hopefully help me achieve my goal.


Wish me luck!


Kennebrew S.

2 comments:

  1. Hey SuperMax: I love it and what a great inspiration to other 'potential' blogger who- also-play-tennis. Remind me...You would be a good person to review my "not yet finished article". Good luck in achieving goals for tourny and C U on court soon player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great article. I always maintain that attitude it happened just as it was supposed to. When I started at 10ish, I wished I would of started when I was 6 so I could of done more. I also wished I went to different college, played one qualifer pro tourney. But what I found out is I could not be more happier that tennis is a part of my life. I may not be the best but I have skills and it gives me something to do and be proud of. Had you started when you were younger you may not have appreciated it as much, you never know. But the passion you have now and how you are flowering it to others, your enthusiam, your drive, your competive mind is wonderful.
    I play less than I did when I was younger, still love the game, smile when I see the green and white but get tired of competition. But hearing your success and your love for the game it gives me that renewed love for tennis as well.

    Write More...

    ReplyDelete